A new player has entered the e-skating arena. GLOBE, the Australian company behind apparel, footwear and regular skateboards has announced they are launching their first electric skateboards called DOT boards after a full six years of research and development.
Available in three sizes, these DOT boards promise best-in-class hill climbing capability on inclines of up to 30% grade, a top speed of 24 mph, and user-defined custom ride modes.
Although we have not had the opportunity to test these boards, and there are a few technical specs missing from the press release, time will tell if this is a strong competitor to company’s like Boosted and Evolve.
Just like Mellow Boards, and Elwing with it’s upcoming POWERKIT. DOT boards will be modulair. Riders can choose how to configure their board by selecting the deck size, number of motors, number of batteries and wheel type. Giving more flexibility to cater to a rider’s personal needs.
“As avid skateboarders since we were kids, we’ve always been obsessed with freedom and flexibility, and we’ve designed the board for the next decade that gives customers the ability to change their configuration as their skills and needs evolve,” said Peter Hill, co-founder of Globe International. “Why make a product that is designed to give you more choices in your daily transport needs but then not offer any choice with regard to the set-up of the solution? We are putting the customer back in charge.”
The DOT board will be available in three sizes: Compact, Cruiser and Transporter. Pricing starts at $1279 for the smallest version. Quite expensive, cash grab or just really good electric boards? Globe has a honest true to the culture skateboarding background so we are exited to see where they take this.
DOT states that they have a few unique features that make these some of the most powerful electric skateboards on the market.
- High Torque Output: Delivers solid acceleration and powerful hill-climb capabilities, and features a regenerative braking system so that every time rider applies the brakes the battery is recharged.
- Fully Customizable: Riders can add motors for more power and the interchangeable hub motor is the most advanced skateboard powertrain system available. The ride feel can be customized by swapping to larger wheel type to navigate more varied terrain.
- dot Smart Sleep System knows when the board is not in use and shuts down the power automatically to conserve battery charge.
- The Snap Lock Magnetic Connection makes charging the battery simple, giving assurance the device is immediately connected to power and charge process is underway.
- Ambidextrous Comfort Fit Intelligent Remote Control feels natural to the hands and the self-illuminating OLED display combined with haptic feedback delivers all of the performance information available at your fingertips. Features a cruise control option to help avoid fatigue on long rides.
- The proprietary dot battery management system has undergone rigorous operational testing at SGS Laboratories to provide a safer lithium battery experience and deliver peace of mind during charging, operation and storage.
Watch the launch video below,
Get more updates via our Instagram.